Thursday, August 8, 2013

Too Busy? Not Really!

Sometimes when I think about years ago, I imagine that I was less busy and that I had more time.  Maybe you think that too from time to time, but it's not true.  We chose to do different things today than we did when we were younger, and sometimes we have more responsibility than we did early in life, but all in all we still get 24 hours each day to spend as we see fit.  My brothers and I are good examples here ... we all seem to be too busy with work and life to visit each other very often but we all somehow manage to squeeze out a movie and dinner out every now and again.
 
Even as I'm writing this I look back and it's been a month or more since my last post, and I'm thinking I just didn't have time to write it.  But that's a lie, I did have time, I just chose to ignore some activities in favor of other ones.  The time we have doesn't change, we just change what we do with it.
Now, don't get me wrong we are all busy, but it is the important stuff that we should pursue and ignore the things that don't mean much to us.  I enjoy fishing, but I rarely get out to fish and I'm always saying I'll go when I have time, but if the truth be told, I could just go fishing and fill in the rest of my life around that time. 
 
So take a moment this week (and every week) and decide what is important, then do that and the rest of your life will still be there when you're done.
 
J
 

No comments:

Post a Comment