Friday, February 22, 2013

Girls with Guns ... a Warning from Dad!


As the father of four daughters I have a pretty unique view of the world.  In fact unless you have lived in a totally female home with little women that you helped make, you can't really appreciate the dynamic that exists for me.
 
Having only daughters, which are mysteries from the time they are born and no male influence other than your own is truly like being King.  It's lonely sometimes, overwhelming sometimes and scary all the time.  But that's not what the world sees, they can only be allowed to see the scary Dad.
 
I don't sharpen my knives in front of the boys, or clean my gun, no I want them to know that I am so much more dangerous than guns and knives.  I want them to fear me, not know what I'm capable of and hope that they don't ever find out.  Because as King, I would hunt to the ends of the earth, anyone that harms my family.  Of course it goes without saying that as a Christian man it would go against my nature to hurt someone, but I would. 
 
I also believe that I have taught my girls (even if they forget sometimes) that they are worthy to be treated as princesses and that they are capable of inspiring the same fear in the hearts of the common boys that are always lurking about.  Oh, and believe you me, those boys better feel fear in their hearts.
 
Some of the girls really like shooting rifles, shot guns and pistols and they are good shots too (Grandpa taught them right).  Some of my girls really know how to handle themselves in a fight but, all of them know that the King would wage war or even lay down his life to save them from harm.  Not that they need me as much any more ... but here's my warning to the young men of the world. 
 
Treat my girls respectfully, treat them with kindness, and treat them like the princesses they are or you'll suffer, because they are worth it to me.
 
the King
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment